Chennai is a city in Tamilnadu state of India and serves as Mahanagar Palika. It is also one of the districts of Tamilnadu.
As on February 2024, the current population of Chennai is 49.65 lakhs out of which 24.96 lakhs are males and rest 24.69 lakhs are females. The sex ratio of this city is 989 females per 1000 males. There are around 4.59 lakhs teenagers in Chennai. It has literacy rate of 81% which means around 40.35 lakhs persons can read and write. Total 8.33 lakhs people belonging to scheduled caste and 10.7 thousands scheduled tribe people live in the city. There are around 12.34 lakhs households in Chennai, which means every family has 4 members on average. The city has working population of 19.42 lakhs.
Chennai has many good schools for education and follwing are popular schools among students.
- Sboa School & Junior College
- Everwin Vidhyashram
- Chettinad Vidyashram
- Maharishi Vidya Mandir Senior Secondary School
- Everwin Matric Higher Secondary School
Chennai has many good hospitals for treatment and follwing are popular among people.
- Siruvallur Uhp Primary Health Center
- Krishnampet Uhp Primary Health Center
- Vadapalani West Uhp Primary Health Center
- Dr.V.R.NAGAR UHP Primary Health Center
- Thousand Light Uhp Primary Health Center
Chennai has many good banks for financial services and follwing are popular among people.
- AU Small Finance Bank Nungambakkam, Chennai
- AU Small Finance Bank Mount Road Chennai
- Bank of Baroda Ambur
- Bank of Baroda Adambakkam,, Chennai, TN
- Bank of Baroda Adayar, Chennai
Chennai is one of the 38 districts of Tamilnadu, spread in an area of 204.82 square kilometers. It is divided into 16 Taluks. As on 23rd February 2024, the current population of Chennai district is 12.88 lakhs, which includes urban population of 12.13 lakhs and rural population of 75.3 thousands. The sex ratio of district is 985 females per 1000 males. There are 3.29 lakhs houses in the district which means every household has around 4 members. There are around 1.32 lakhs teenagers in district. It has literacy rate of 80% which means around 10.37 lakhs persons can read and write. The district has working population of 5.08 lakhs. Total 1.94 lakhs people belonging to scheduled caste and 4.8 thousands scheduled tribe people live in the district.
Taluks in Chennai district
Chennai district has total 16 Taluk.