Baksa is a district in Assam state of India.
Baksa has many good schools for education and follwing are popular schools among students.
- Tamulpur Higher Secondary School
- S.T John's High School School
- Goreswar Higher Secondary Scho
- Salbari High School School
- Don Bosco School
Baksa has many good hospitals for treatment and follwing are popular among people.
- Notional Sc3 Sub-Center
- Souraguri Notional Sub-Center
- Nauputa Sub-Center
- Murmela Sub-Center
- Daudhara Sub-Center
Baksa has many good banks for financial services and follwing are popular among people.
- Canara Bank Mushalpur
- North East Small Finance Bank Anchali - Jalah
- North East Small Finance Bank Tulsibari-Dwarkuchi
- North East Small Finance Bank Goreshwar
- North East Small Finance Bank Naokata
Baksa is one of the 35 districts of Assam, spread in an area of 13200.89 square kilometers. It is divided into 5 Subdivisions and 4 blocks. As on 29th March 2023, the current population of Baksa district is 87 lakhs, which includes urban population of 8.82 lakhs and rural population of 78.18 lakhs. The sex ratio of district is 958 females per 1000 males. There are 18.15 lakhs houses in the district which means every household has around 5 members. There are around 9.84 lakhs teenagers in district. It has literacy rate of 65% which means around 56.67 lakhs persons can read and write. The district has working population of 34.43 lakhs. Total 5.6 lakhs people belonging to scheduled caste and 12.33 lakhs scheduled tribe people live in the district.
Subdivisions in Baksa district
Baksa district has total 5 Subdivision.
Blocks in Baksa district
Baksa district has total 4 blocks.