Aizawl is a city in Mizoram state of India and serves as Mahanagar Palika. It is also one of the districts of Mizoram.
Aizawl has many good schools for education and follwing are popular schools among students.
- Gospel Centenary School Pvt
- St. Joseph Higher Secondary School (Higher Secondary School Section)
- Home Mission School, Zarkawt Pvt
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Thuampui
- Govt. Mizo Higher Secondary School
Aizawl has many good hospitals for treatment and follwing are popular among people.
- Aizawl W Main Center
- Sihphir Sub-Center
- Sairang Primary Health Center
- Hualngohmun Sub-Center
- Suangpuilawn Sub-Center
Aizawl has many good banks for financial services and follwing are popular among people.
- Bank of Baroda M S M E-Aizawl
- Bank of Baroda Khatla, Aizawl
- Bank of Baroda Zemabawk, Aizawl
- Bank of Baroda Zoram Medical College
- Bandhan Bank Aizawl
Aizawl is one of the 11 districts of Mizoram, spread in an area of 7281.56 square kilometers. It is divided into 4 Subdivisions and 4 blocks. As on 23rd February 2024, the current population of Aizawl district is 16.68 lakhs, which includes urban population of 14.21 lakhs and rural population of 2.47 lakhs. The sex ratio of district is 1014 females per 1000 males. There are 3.46 lakhs houses in the district which means every household has around 5 members. There are around 1.88 lakhs teenagers in district. It has literacy rate of 85% which means around 14.26 lakhs persons can read and write. The district has working population of 7.15 lakhs. Total 2.9 thousands people belonging to scheduled caste and 15.48 lakhs scheduled tribe people live in the district.
Subdivisions in Aizawl district
Aizawl district has total 4 Subdivision.
Blocks in Aizawl district
Aizawl district has total 4 blocks.